Quick Mushroom Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 201 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 112527 times
This wholesome soup requires the mushrooms and onions to be cooked with milk, for a pleasing colour, flavour and texture. With a tempting garnish of grated cheese, indeed the quick mushroom soup is worth a few minutes spent !
- Combine the milk and 2 cups of water in a deep pan and bring to a boil. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a another deep pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the plain flour and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the milk-water mixture gradually and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, till no lumps remain, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot garnished with the grated cheese.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.