Quick Creamy Vegetable Soup ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26310 times
The name says it all! this soup is quick-to-make, creamy and nutritious. Moreover, it is any day, everyday fare because it is made of ingredients easily available in the market, and you do not have to go hunting for a large-format supermarket. As advised in the recipe, use plenty of milk to make the soup thick and temptingly creamy, but remember not to overcook the veggies as they add an enjoyable level of crunchiness to the soup.
- Place the mixed vegetables and corn in a shallow dish. Sprinkle 5 tbsp of water on top and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Keep aside.
- Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 20 seconds. Add the onions and celery, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute, stirring once in between after 30 seconds.
- Add the mixed vegetables and 1 cup of water, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Combine the flour, milk, cream and cornflour in a small bowl and add it to the vegetables. Mix well and microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring twice every 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.