Quick Chocolate Mousse Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 118 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23847 times
Some desserts are easier than you ever imagined, and can be prepared within minutes if you just know how to go about it. Follow the recipe to prepare a mouth-watering Quick Chocolate Mousse Cake. At the heart of this recipe is a rich chocolate mousse prepared with dark chocolate and whipped cream with a dash of honey to intensify the flavour and aroma. Sandwiched between sugar-soaked chocolate sponge cake, this chocolate mousse transforms into a rich and sumptuous treat for the sweet tooth.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and mix well until no lumps remain.
- Strain the mixture using a sieve and keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and ¾ cup of beaten whipped cream in a deep bowl and fold gently.
- Add the chocolate–milk mixture and fold gently.
- Add the vanilla essence and honey and fold gently. Keep aside.
- Slice the chocolate sponge cake horizontally into 2 equal layers.
- Place the bottom layer of the chocolate sponge cake in a loose bottom cake tin or on a serving plate and sprinkle half the soaking syrup evenly over it.
- Spread the chocolate mousse evenly over it, sandwich it with the top layer of the chocolate sponge cake and sprinkle the remaining half of the soaking syrup evenly over it.
- Garnish with grated chocolate and refrigerate for 1 hour or till set.
- Cut the cake into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.