Quick Bread and Butter Pudding in Tangy Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 219 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15658 times
A yummy treat, ready in a jiffy! Made with our handy helper, the microwave oven, this Quick Bread and Butter Pudding in Tangy Sauce is a luscious treat with refreshing citrus flavour. The combination of bread slices with milk gives a creamy base for this delightful dessert, while a team of orange marmalade and lemon juice gives a tangy sauce to top it. Just ensure that you serve this pudding immediately, as it tends to lose its texture over time.
- Combine the orange marmalade and the lemon juice in a microwave safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 40 seconds. Keep aside.
- Combine the milk, sugar and vanilla essence in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Grease a shallow microwave safe dish with ½ tsp of butter.
- Place the bread slices on it, pour the milk mixture evenly over it.
- Finally put the remaining 1 tsp of butter evenly and microwave on high for 7 minutes, while checking the dish twice in between.
- Pour the prepared tangy sauce evenly over the pudding and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.