Pyaz Ke Samose, Onion Samosa Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 168 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16710 times
The moment someone mentions samosa, you immediately think of the satiating snack packed with a spicy potato filling. Well, this samosa is quite different from the common fare, and will be a very exciting experience for you. While the plain flour cover is quite the same, the stuffing is very innovative, as it is made of beaten rice and onions perked up with coriander and spice powders.
The chaat masala gives the stuffing a really peppy flavour, while the raw onions give a crunchy mouth-feel to the Pyaz ke Samose. Serve the Onion Samosa immediately on preparation, to enjoy its fascinating crispness.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 16 equal portions.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into 150 mm. X 75 mm. (6" x 3") diameter oval using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Cut the oval horizontally into 2 equal portions using a knife.
- Take a portion and join the edges to make a cone.
- Stuff the cone with a portion of the stuffing and apply little water on the edges to seal it.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 14 more samosas.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry 8 samosas on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat step 8 to deep-fry the remaining 8 more samosas.
- Serve immediately with green chutney and sweet chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.