Pumpkin and Potatoes- Rajasthani Style
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 267 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40066 times
Almost all the aromatic spices and seeds in your masala dabba come together in this recipe, transforming two simple, everyday vegetables into a mouth-watering delicacy. Curds, tomatoes and dried mango powder impart the required tang to the potatoes and red pumpkin cubes, while a couple of common spice powders like coriander-cumin powder and chilli powder add to the aroma and spice. Rajasthani Style Pumpkin and Potatoes is nothing short of a tongue-tickler, perfect to be served with steaming hot rice or rotis fresh off the tava.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, nigella seeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the curds, asafoetida, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the pumpkin, potatoes, salt and ¾ cup of water, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the dried mango powder and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.