by Palak Rajput
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4235 times
Pumpkin Pie, it is pumpkin based sweet and bit of garam masala flavoured pie you can also serve with sweet youghurt.
- Combine the plain flour, salt and add the cold butter into the flour and with your fingers crumble the butter and flour until you get coarse breadcrumbs texture.
- Add enough cold water to form into a soft dough.
- Do not handle the dough more than required at this stage.
- Cover the dough with wet muslin cloth and chill for half an hour.
- Place the dough on a floured surface.
- Roll out the dough to a circle, approximately 12" in diameter to line a 22. 5 cm (9") pie dish or tart pan with removable bottom.
- Prepare the edges and chill while you prepare the filling. Keep aside.
- Cut the pumpkin into wedges.
- Scoop out the seeds, pith and fibre with the help of a spoon.
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degree Celsius for 15 minutes.
- Place the pumpkin wedges on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes to an hour or until the pumpkin is tender when pierced with a knife.
- Scoop flesh out of the skins and puree with a hand blender or mash well by hand. Keep aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- In a deep bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, condensed milk, corn flour, spices and salt and beat until there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Spoon the filling into the chilled crust and level with the help of a palette knife.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the filling is set and the top crust is a nice golden brown.
- Allow to cool, cut into wedges and serve with whipped cream or with vanilla ice cream.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 21 Apr 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.