Praline Pancakes with Apricot Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 70 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8645 times
Praline pancakes with apricot sauce: easy and quick pancakes rolled up with a praline filling, and topped with lip-smacking apricot sauce – now, this is a treat one cannot resist. Praline pancakes with apricot sauce is nothing short of heaven for fruit-lovers because it has a double dose of apricot sauce – used while baking and as a final topping.
- Mix the plain flour, cornflour, milk and salt with 1/2 teacup of water.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the batter onto a non-stick frying pan and cook on both sides with a little butter. Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Beat the butter to a soft cream, add the sugar and beat well. Then add the crushed praline.
- Spread some praline butter on each pancake and roll up into cigar shape.
- Wash the apricots. Soak in 2 teacups of water for at least 4 hours.
- Take out the seeds, add the sugar and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until soft.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve.
- Cool the sauce. Add the lemon juice and chill.
- Make layers of pancakes in an ovenproof dish and pour 1 tablespoon of apricot sauce over each pancake.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake in a hot oven at 200 degree c (400 degree f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve with the remaining apricot sauce.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.