by Tarla Dalal
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6856 times
Crunchy pralines make a delicious combination with ice - cream. To make economical, use cashewnuts or peanuts instead of almonds.
- Mix the custard powder in 1/2 teacup of cold milk.
- Put the rest of the milk to boil with the sugar.
- When the milk starts boiling, add the custard powder gradually and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cool the mixture.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Prepare the ice-cream in an ice-cream churner.
- Melt the sugar in a heavy saucepan, and the nuts and cook on a slow flame until rich brown in colour.
- Spread the mixture on a tin.
- When cold, powder coarsely.
- Sprinkle these praline pieces over the ice-cream and serve. If you like, add to the ice-cream mixture before churning.
- For recipes which require use of an ice-cream churner, either a hand or an electric churner can be used. The churning incorporates air and gives a ---
- --light texture. Churned ice-creams can be prepared ahead and stored in the refrigerator in a plastic box or in a vessel covered on top with ----
- ---polyethylene. In this way, the formation of ice crystals is avoided.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.