Potato and Spring Onion Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 114 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25752 times
This soup has a slightly oriental feel about it, perhaps because of the choice of veggies like mushroom and spring onions, and flavourings like soy sauce and seasoning cubes. It is also quite filling, as potatoes are quite starchy and give the soup a sumptuous texture. Cook in a closed vessel to retain the colour, flavour and aroma of the vegetables.
- Boil 4 cups of water with the seasoning cube, potatoes and carrot and then simmer for 5 to 7 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Mix the cornflour in a little water and add to the soup. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the spring onions, chinese mushrooms, chilli powder, sugar, soya sauce, lemon juice, chillies, basil leaves, pepper and salt and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve hot and garnished with coriander.
- This soup should be ideally cooked in a vessel with a lid on since that helps to draw out the flavours from the vegetables.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.