Potato and Mushroom Stir-fry
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8009 times
Stir-fries have a knack of retaining – and sometimes even enhancing – the original flavour of the veggies contained. That effect is very obvious in this Potato and Mushroom Stir-Fry, where the unique texture and flavour of potatoes, mushrooms, capsicum and spring onions are evident in each mouthful. Like most classical Oriental dishes, this stir-fry is flavoured quickly and easily with a couple of sauces and ginger-garlic paste, which complement the stir-fried veggies very well indeed.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the potato slices, mix well and cook on a medium flame 4 to 5 minutes or till they turn light brown in colour from all the sides, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil in the same non-stick pan, add the ginger-garlic paste and spring onion whites, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum, mushrooms and potatoes, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and then boil them in boiling water with little salt till they are 80% cooked. Drain and allow to cool.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.