Potato, Pasta and Pesto Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 441 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24585 times
For everyday living in Italy, the family's main meal often begins with bowls of hot "brodo" (broth). The broth is lightly seasoned and may have a little pasta or bits of vegetables or it can be a thick, creamy and wholesome soup, sufficiently filling to make a meal. Lots of potatoes, carrots, milk and cheese gives this soup its unique velvety quality. Parsley and pesto lend it a delicate aromatic flavour. Pasta and potatoes both thicken the soup. So before serving, you may need to add a little water if the soup gets too thick.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the potato, carrots and onions and sauté for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the milk, macaroni, 2 cups of hot water, salt and pepper and simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes until the pasta is cooked.
- Just before serving, reheat the soup, add the parsley, prepared pesto and mix well.
- Serve hot, topped with the cheese.
- You can add 2 teaspoons of ready pesto instead of the paste mentioned above. Add the pesto just before you serve the soup as it will retain its colour
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.