Postnatal Gud Ke Laddoo
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19309 times
Take 2-3 laddoos everyday with milk or separately if you want.
Add your private note
Postnatal Gud Ke Laddoo recipe - How to make Postnatal Gud Ke Laddoo
Preparation Time: 1 hour   Cooking Time:
250 gms dried ginger (soonth) powder
Peepra Moore 150 gm
White Musli 200 gm
Kamarkas 150 gm
Pepar 50 gm
Turmeric(haldi) 150 gm
Dhokda Gond 500 gm
Makhane 500 gm
Cashews 500 gm
Chironji 500 gm
Raisins 250 gm500 gms poppy seeds (khus-khus)
Coconut 1 kg
Almonds 500 gm
Pistacheos 300 gm
Kesar 2 gm
Jaggery 5 kg
- 1. roast turmeric
- 2. chopped all nuts into a small pieces.
- 3. put ghee to hot in a heavy pan and add 10-15 pieces of gond and deepfry on lowflame and make sure there is no hard pieces remain.. gradually whole gond must be deep fried.
- 4. remove the gond and put cashews for deep fry .
- 5. simultaneously all nuts including makhane must be deep fried.
- 6. pour a little ghee into a seperate pan and roast poppy seeds.
- 7. similarly roast coconut( khopra ) too.
- 8. grate the jaggery and put it into a hot pan for melting as soon as it melts, turn off the gas and put 5 katori ghee into it.
- 9. then put sonth,peepra moore,white musli,kamarkas, peepar and haldi and stirring continuously with a spatula.
- 10. after some time when jaggery gets little bit cold then put all the fried nuts and lastly add makhane and roasted coconut.
- 11. mix well and shape into laddoos of desired shape. make it fast before jaggery gets cold otherwise it will be hard to bind them together.
- 12. cool completely, before storing in airtight container.
- 13. these are very good for postnatal healing and milk formation.
This recipe was contributed by pjain_80 on 09 Apr 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.