by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 40 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15966 times
Pomodoro sauce is an italian tomato based sauce that is tangy at the first bite then fades to nice pungent basil flavour. A delicious recipe that can be used as a base for your pastas
- Boil a vesselful of water.
- Scoop out and discard the eyes of the tomatoes using the tip of a sharp knife.
- Make criss-cross cuts at the base of each tomato.
- Immerse the tomatoes in boiling water for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove and put in cold water for some time.
- When the tomatoes are cool, peel and discard the skin.
- Chop roughly and blend to a smooth purée in a blender. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add onions and garlic sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the tomato concasse, basil, oregano, chilli powder and salt and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and mix well. Use it as per the recipe.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.