Poha and Sprouted Green Peas Samosa ( Protein Rich Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 72 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25607 times
Poha and sprouted green peas,here is a samosa with a difference – and the difference is not just in the use of poha but the use of sprouted green peas! the protein quotient of this version is a tad greater than the usual recipe as the dry green peas are sprouted. Sprouting increases the digestibility and absorption of proteins by 30 per cent. Since it is a deep-fried finger food, kids will relish both its taste and nutrition.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions, green chillies and curry leaves, mix well and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the poha, green peas sprouts, turmeric powder, lemon juice, sugar and salt, mix well and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring twice in between (sprinkle a little water if the mixture looks dry).
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Fold a samosa patti into a cone and stuff with a portion of the stuffing.
- Apply the plain flour paste on the edges and press lightly to seal it.
- Repeat with the remaining samosa pattis and the stuffing to shape 11 more samosas.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the samosas on a slow flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all sides. Serve hot.
Nutrient values Per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.