Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32419 times
Discover the secret of preparing the best tasting Plum cake and serve it to your friends and family on Christmas or birthdays. Find many cake recipe, plum cake recipe, chocolate cake recipe at tarladalal.com
Add your private note
Plum Cake recipe - How to make Plum Cake
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Clean all the fruits deseed them & divide them into two parts; divide the cashewnuts into two parts
- Mince one part of the fruits & cashewnuts in the mincing machine
- And finely cut the other half of the fruits & cashewnuts - now mix both the minced fruits & cashewnut + the cut up fruit & cashewnuts
- Put this in a ceramic bow add the rum/brandy + spice powder + scraped nutmeg + the powdered pineapple flower
- Mix well cover & leave to soak do this the previous day morning.
- Melt the 1/4 kg white butter (if you don''t get white butter use the normal butter - i use lurpak unsalted butter).
- Take a bowl put the 1/4 kg rava pour the melted warm butter over it mix well & leave to soak do this the previous day morning.
- The next day before you start making the cake cut & grease the butter paper for the base & sides of the cake trays with butter sprinkle a little flour over the greased paper & line the cake trays & keep.
- Sieve the maida/baking pwd, & salt & keep aside.
- Separate the eggs - beat the yolks well & keep - beat the whites till stiff & keep aside.
- To the soaked fruit sprinkle a little flour & toss or mix nicely - this helps the fruit not to sink to the bottom of the cake.
- Now take a big mixing bowl put the butter & churn till the butter is light & fluffy,
- Add the powdered sugar & continue churning till the grating of the sugar.
- Add the soaked rava & continue to churn till the rawa has bloated well, add the beaten egg yolks little at a time & churn till light & fluffy,
- Add the jam & the caramelized sugar syrup and mix well.
- 2 cups sugar add 2 cups water place on heat & keep on stirring till sugar dissolves & the colour starts changing.
- When the colour becomes brown go on adding a little water at a time ( do this 2 or 3 times)till you get a good rich dark brown colour- remove from heat & keep warm.
- To check if the cake is done insert a metal skewer into the center of the cake - if the skewer comes out clean - your cake is done - if there is still batter sticking to it lave to bake till done.
- Pn: if you plan well - you could soak yr. fruits 6 months in advance & make the cake.
This recipe was contributed by Pearlie on 28 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.