Pizza in A Pan ( Fun Food For Children)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1208 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58181 times
Pizza is an all-time favourite with kids. Here is how you can make this delectable treat at home, from scratch. You can easily prepare everything from the base, to the zesty tomato sauce and the crunchy topping of mushroom, spring onion and cheese, right at home, and ‘bake’ it quickly in the humble tava! this nutritious and tasty pizza in a pan will surely be savoured by your kids, and they will be very proud of the fact that you made it completely at home.
- Combine all the ingredients except the oil in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water until it is smooth and elastic.
- Add the oiul and knead again.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and allow it to prove till it doubles in volume (approx. 15 to 20 minutes).
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
- Roll out each portion into a circle of 250 mm. (10") diameter and 6 mm. (1/4") thickness.
- Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water.
- Peel, cut into quarters and deseed the tomatoes.
- Chop finely and keep the tomato pulp aside.
- Heat the oil, add the onion and garlic and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp and allow it to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the sauce reduces a little.
- Add the ketchup, sugar and salt and simmer for some more time.
- Finally, add the oregano and mix well.
- Heat half the oil in a non-stick pan and place a pizza base on it.
- Spread half the tomato sauce over the pizza base.
- Top with half the spring onions, mushrooms and cheese.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on a very slow flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the base is evenly browned.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make another pizza.
- The trick in making this pizza is to keep the flame sufficiently low so that the base does not burn while cooking.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.