by Tarla Dalal
Added to 179 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27402 times
A classic pizza, named after the Italian Queen Margherita. On a visit to Naples, Queen Margherita requested for a local specialty. She was served a pizza in the colours of the Italian Flag - red tomatoes, green basil and white mozzarella. The Queen was delighted and the dish was christened after her. If you cannot find fresh basil, substitute it with 1/2 teaspoon dried basil.
- Place one pizza base on a greased baking tray.
- Spread half the pizza sauce on the pizza base.
- Sprinkle with half the basil leaves and cheese on top of the pizza.
- Drizzle with half of the olive oil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 minutes or until the base is evenly browned.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make another pizza.
- Serve hot.
- SKILLET MARGHERITA
- Cook the pizza in a non-stick pan instead of baking it in the oven. Cover the pan with a lid and cook on a very slow flame for 10 to 12 minutes or til
- You can follow this method of cooking for any regular crust pizza.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.