Added to 309 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29889 times
Who does not love this famous dish? Do not omit to follow the instructions scrupulously.
- Sieve the flour with the salt and sugar. Add the oil and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre and crumble the yeast in the centre.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teacup of warm water over the yeast. Wait for a few minutes.
- Mix the yeast in the flour and add enough water to make a dough.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth to " prove" leave for 45 minutes or until it is double in size.
- Knead the dough for 1 minute.
- Divide the dough according to the size of the pizza trays- 250 to 275 mm. ( 10" to 11") diameter.
- Roll out the dough to about 6 mm. (1/4") thickness.
- Grease the pizza trays with plenty of oil.
- Place the rolled- out dough in the tray.
- Leave for 15 mintues.
- Chop the onions and tomatoes.
- Drain the chopped tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a vessel, add the onions and crushed garlic and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, chilli powder and salt and boil for 10 minutes.
- Blend the mixture in a liquidiser.
- Spread the sauce over the rollled-out dough.
- Arrange the capsicum rings sprinkle plenty of cheese, coarsely powdered red chillies and salt.
- If you like, spread sliced mushrooms, olives and capers over the filling. Dot with butter.
- Bake in a very hot oven at 500°f for 20 minutes.
- Cut into pieces and serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.