Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19897 times
Learn an easy way to prepare tasty traditional Punjabi pinni at tarladalal.com.The pinni is prepared by tossing wheat flour with ghee and sugar. This Punjabi sweet delicacy is best served hot with crushed cardamom and shaped like balls.
- Soak urad dhal for 5-6 hours and grind with water.
- Heat ghee in a shallow pan.
- Add urad dhal to it and keep on low flame.
- Stir continuously till it becomes light brown.
- Add khoya to it and mix thoroughly.
- Add powdered almonds.
- Add sugar syrup and cardomom powder.
- Stir continuously.
- Allow it to cool.
- Make balls out of it with a depression on the top.
- Garnish with badam on top of each pinni.
This recipe was contributed by cookingtime4g3 on 01 Jul 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.