Pineapple and Raisin Chutney
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5463 times
This piquant preserve of pineapple and raisin goes wonderfully with chapatis, bread, biscuits, etc….
- In a deep pan, dissolve the sugar in 1 cup of water, mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the pineapple pieces, cinnamon and cloves, mix well and simmer for 15-20 minutes or till the pineapple pieces turn soft and are cooked and the syrup becomes of 1 thread consistency.
- Add the raisins, chilli powder, fennel seeds and salt, mix well and cook for more 1 minute.
- Cool completely and serve immediately or store refrigerated in an air-tight container.
- Use slightly under-ripe and firm pineapple pieces for a perfect flavour in this recipe.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.