Pineapple Upside Down ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 154 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15621 times
A classic recipe from american cuisine, the pineapple upside down features a delectable combination of honey, butter and pineapple placed at the base of a tin, topped with sponge batter and baked to perfection. Now, you know why it is upside down—the batter goes atop the toppings! the placement and procedure gives it a lovely taste, all the more wonderful if eaten hot. A corer or a knife can be used to core the pineapple slices.
- Combine all the ingredients along with 5 tbsp of water in a bowl and mix gently to make a smooth batter of dropping consistency. Keep aside.
- Grease a 175 mm. (7") diameter cake tin with the butter.
- Spread the honey evenly at the base of the tin.
- Arrange the pineapple slices decoratively on the top of the honey layer and place a glazed cherry in the centre of each cored pineapple ring.
- Pour the batter gently over the pineapple rings and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 30 minutes or till the cake leaves the sides of the tin.
- Remove and keep aside to cool.
- Run a knife around the sides and invert the cake carefully on a serving dish.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.