Pineapple Sheera ( Low Calorie Healthy Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 54697 times
Afruity delight that is low in calories yet very tasty. Fresh pineapple puree perks up the flavour,however you need to cook it with sugar to get the real flavour.
- Combine the pineapple purée and sugar in a kadhai, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep kadhai, add the semolina, mix well and sauté on a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes, till light pink in colour, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, 2 cups water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar substitute, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, till dry, while stirring continuously.
- Add the prepared pineapple mixture, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the saffron-milk mixture and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle a few strands of saffron in a glass bowl, add the prepared sheera and demould it on a serving plate and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Protein|| 5.7 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 41.4 gm|
|Fat|| 4.2 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.5 gm|
|Energy|| 212 kcal|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.