Pindi Chole Roll ( Wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 128 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40195 times
Each mouthful of this wrap feels so complete, and is so satiating! hmmm… pindi chole topped with gajar ka achaar and onion rings and rolled up in a simple roti, this makes a wholesome snack by itself. A two-minute wrap when you have leftover chole in the refrigerator!
- Wash and soak the kabuli chana and chana dal for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain, wash again, add 1½ cups of water, big cardamom, cinnamon and teabag and pressure cook on a high flame for 3 whistle.
- Lower the flame and pressure cook for another 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Discard the tea bag and strain the kabuli chana.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the pomegranate powder and cook on a medium flame till the onions turn dark brown, while stirring continuously
- Add the tomatoes, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the coriander powder, chilli powder and garam masala and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the tomatoes are cooked and the mixture leaves oil.
- Add the cooked kabuli chana, chana masala, 2 tbsp of water and salt and mix well.
- Cook on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes till the liquid dries up. Keep aside.
- Combine the onion rings with chaat masala in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean dry surface and place ¼th of the chole in a row in the centre of the roti.
- Arrange ¼ cup of onions and spread 1 tsp of gajar ka achaar over it.
- Finally sprinkle 1 tbsp of coriander over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more rolls.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each roll and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.