by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 116 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 107107 times
A popular variation of the versatile Chole, this is different from the regular preparation in terms of texture and colour. Pindi Chole is a dry dish, where the Chole are coated very lightly with the gravy. Tea leaves give this dish its rich colour.
- Drain and wash the kabuli chana and chana dal. Keep aside.
- Make a small potli by tying the cardamom, cinnamon and tea leaves in a 2" x 2" piece of muslin cloth.
- Pressure cook the kabuli chana, chana dal, the potli, soda-bi-carb, salt and 2½ cups of water for 2 whistles.
- Discard the potli and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté till they are golden brown.
- Add in the pomegranate seed powder, ginger paste, green chillies, coriander powder, Punjabi garam masala and chilli powder.
- Add the tomato purée and salt and cook till the oil separates from the gravy.
- Add the kabuli chana and chana dal alongwith the water and chole masala.
- Cook till the chole is completely dry.
- Serve hot garnished with paneer.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.