by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 977 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14935 times
Irresistible phudina puris are perfect for special occasions, or any day when you feel special. Dough pepped up with myriad ingredients like mint leaves, cumin seeds and lemon juice, gives rise to tasty and aromatic puris that are so flavourful that they can be served with just a cup of raita, or an elaborate subzi too, depending on the occasion.
- Combine the mint leaves, cumin seeds, green chillies, lemon juice, sugar, salt and 1 tbsp of water in a mixer and blend into a coarse paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl along with all the remaining ingredients and knead into a stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 14 equal portions and roll each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter circle.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and deep-fry a few puris at a time till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.