Pesto Pizza Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 225 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40122 times
This fun sandwich uses italian bread (a herb flavoured bread) topped with a zesty salad bound with a pesto flavoured mayonnaise dressing. If you are making pesto by hand, it is best to use a mortar and pestle. But you can make larger quantities in a blender and refrigerate it for upto a week. Chill all the ingredients for the salad and combine them with the dressing just before serving. You can choose your own vegetable combination for the salad.
- Combine all the ingredients except the olive oil in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water until it is smooth and elastic (approx. 5 to 7 minutes).
- Add the olive oil and knead again.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and allow it to prove till it doubles in volume (approx. 15 to 20 minutes).
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air. Divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into an oval that is approx. 6 mm. (1/4") thick and about 150 mm. (6") long. Prick with a fork at regular intervals.
- Place the oval pizza bases on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or until the base is evenly browned. Allow it to cool.
- Just before serving, toss the greens and vegetables in the dressing mixture.
- Put this salad on top of the pizza bases. Sprinkle on top with parmesan cheese.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
- Refrigerate all the ingredients for the topping and mix the pesto and mayonnaise just before serving.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.