Peppery Mushroom and Potato Bake
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10725 times
Pepper has a bewitching effect on potatoes as we have observed in classic recipes like Jacket Potatoes and Mashed Potatoes. The same magic plays out in this Peppery Mushroom and Potato Bake albeit a little more strongly! An arrangement of potato slices layered with a flavourful mushroom sauce is topped with cheese and pepper and baked till the flavours merge with the ingredients, giving out an enticing aroma and irresistible flavour. Like all baked dishes, enjoy this fresh off the oven.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic, green chillies and mushrooms and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the white sauce, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick tava (griddle) , add the potatoes, sprinkle little salt and pepper evenly over it and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the potatoes are light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Place half the potato slices at the bottom of a greased baking dish and pour half the mushroom sauce on top.
- Repeat step 2 to make 1 more layer with the remaining potatoes and mushroom sauce.
- Sprinkle the cheese and the pepper powder evenly over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.