Penne with Creamy Celery Almond Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 119 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14580 times
Penne with creamy celery almond sauce is sure to pamper your taste buds so much that they will never again settle for anything mediocre! a smooth white sauce with celery, cream and cheese, almond slivers for crunch and mustard for added flavour dresses perfectly cooked pasta, making this an unforgettable delight.
- Heat the butter and add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the celery and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Gradually add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cream, cheese, almonds, mustard, salt and pepper, mix well and allow it to simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or till thick. Keep aside.
- Just before serving re-heat the sauce , add the cooked pasta and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.