Penne in White Sauce
Added to 83 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 842624 times
Enjoy the penne pasta tossed in white sauce in this delightful Penne in white sauce recipe. The penne pasta is prepared and then enrobed in a creamy freshly made white sauce and enjoyed as a main course meal with soups.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the capsicum, broccoli and sweet corn kernels and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the plain flour and cook on a slow flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk gradually and cook no a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the sauce is thick, while stirring continuously.
- Add the oregano, thyme, chili flakes, cheese, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the sautéed vegetables and pasta, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with cheese.
This recipe was contributed by mahalakshmi_iyer on 22 Jul 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.