by Tarla Dalal
Added to 695 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12325 times
A nourishing rice with chick peas which will prove a hit at any party.
- Soak the rice for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Mix the water and milk together.
- Add the caradamoms, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf, salt and rice and cook until almost done.
- Soak the Kabuli chana overnight. Next day, boil with a little water and the soda bi-carb. Drain.
- Heat the ghee, add the ginger and garlic pastes and fry for a while.
- Add the chilli powder and the turmeric (in a little water) and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the curds, tomatoes, potatoes and green chillies and stir for a while.
- Add the Kabuli chana and salt.
- To the cooked rice, add the coriander, mint, green chillies and fried onions.
- Put one layer of rice in a big bowl and spread a layer of chick pea gravy on top
- Make alternate layers of rice and gravy in this manner.
- Finally, sprinkle the saffron milk on top, cover and bake in a hot oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 20 minutes.
- When baked, turn upside down in a serving dish and serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.