Peanut Sesame Vegetables ( Thai Cooking)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 141 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12151 times
Although this recipe is traditionally known as Peanut Sesame Vegetables, the highlight of this Thai recipe is the use of orange juice, which lends the dish a unique mildly-sweet and tangy flavour. Roasted and crushed peanuts and roasted sesame seeds have a rich, rustic, nutty flavour, which together with the orange juice and soya sauce add a zesty appeal to the colourful and crisp stir-fried veggies. Serve the Peanut Sesame Vegetables immediately to enjoy the crispness of the veggies and the crunchiness of the peanuts and sesame.
- Combine the cornflour, orange juice and soya sauce in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat 1½ tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the paneer and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1½ tbsp of oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the broccoli, baby corn, capsicum and mushrooms and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the sautéed paneer and toss gently.
- Add the prepared orange juice-cornflour mixture, salt and pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the peanuts and sesame seeds and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.