Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 96968 times
Peanut Chikki is a traditional sweet preparation across India and is usually made by jaggery and peanuts or ground nuts blended together. A nutritious and easy to prepare peanut chikki is a favorite among children.
Try other chikki recipes like Mixed Til Chikki and Kurmura Chikki .
- Heat an aluminium kadhai on a high flame.
- Add the jaggery, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Lower the flame to slow and keep stirring continuously for 3 minutes, till it forms foam and changes the colour.
- Switch off the flame and keep stirring for few more seconds.
- Add the roasted peanuts and ghee, mix very well.
- Put it on a greased platform, while mixing it upside down using a flat ladle.
- Pat the mixture, with greased hands and roll it using a greased rolling pin to make 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle.
- While rolling make sure it does not stick on the platform. If it sticks, loosen it using a flat ladle, and roll again.
- Cut immediately using a sharp knife into equal squares. Cool completely.
- Break into 17 pieces and store it in an airtight container in a cool and dry place.
This recipe was contributed by preekar on 22 Mar 2017
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.