Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 64019 times
Peanut Chikki is a traditional sweet preparation across India and is usually made by jaggery and peanuts or ground nuts blended together. A nutritious and easy to prepare peanut chikki is a favorite among children.
- Roast the peanuts. cool and remove the skin. roughly pound.
- Grease a flat plate with 1 teaspoon ghee.
- Cook jaggery till a thick syrup is formed. to test that the syrup is ready put a drop in cold water. if it forms a firm ball the syrup is ready.
- Add the peanuts and the remaining ghee. mix and immediately spread on the greased plate. roll out to even the surface.
- Let it cool slightly before cutting into desired shapes.
This recipe was contributed by preekar on 08 Oct 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.