Peach and Ginger-Ale Salad
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6661 times
A jellied salad, delicately flavoured with ginger.
- Disslove the jelly in 2 teacups of boiling water.
- Cool and add the ginger-ale, salt, sugar and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Set the mixture partially in the refrigerator.
- Slice the peaches.
- When the jelly is partially set, break it up and add about three-quarters of the sliced peaches and all the celery and walnuts. Mix well.
- Put to set in any attractive mould/s of 4 teacups capacity.
- Just before serving, dip the mould/s in hot water for a few seconds, loosen the sides and unmould on a plate.
- Surround the salad with salad leaves and the remaining peach slices.
- Decorate with salad cream and cherries.
- Serve cold.
- If you do not like the sharp taste of ginger- ale, make use of syrup from the peach tin.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.