Pav Bhaji ( Tiffin Treats for Kids )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 56 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29097 times
Pav bhaji, delectable bhaji in a spill-proof airtight container and buttery soft pavs in moisture preventing aluminum foil – remember to pack extra portions of this favored lunch box meal for your child and his friends.
- Soak the red chillies in enough warm water for atleast an hour.
- Drain the chillies, add the garlic and blend in a mixer till smooth, adding enough water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil and 1 tbsp of butter in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the chilli-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame till they turn light pink in colour.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, pav bhaji masala, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the oil separates.
- Add the potatoes, moong sprouts, green peas, coriander, ½ cup of water and remaining 1 tbsp of butter and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Slit 2 pavs vertically and keep aside.
- Heat a tava (griddle), add 2 tsp of butter.
- Slit open the pavs, place on it and cook on a medium flame till they turn light brown and crisp on both the sides.
- Pav bhaji masala is a spice blend, which is readily available under different brand names at most grocery stores.
- You can store the remaining chilli-garlic paste in deep freezer for later use.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.