by Tarla Dalal
Added to 289 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 73212 times
Parathas are always a great food to serve to kids, because you can stuff them with all the nice veggies, dals, paneer or whatever you wish your kids would eat! The combination of carrot and spinach suggested for this whole wheat Paushtic Paratha is not only wholesome but also tasty and colourful, so your kids are surely love it. Make sure you add curds while making the dough as it helps keep the parathas soft. Also serve with a bowlful of curd to enrich these folic acid and vitamin A rich parathas with protein and calcium too.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter thick circle using a little wheat flour for rolling.
- Fold into half to make a semi-circle and again fold into half to make a 100 mm. (4”) length triangular paratha.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook it, using ¼ tsp of oil, till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 14 more parathas.
- Serve hot with fresh curds.
Nutrient values per paratha
|Energy||Protein||Carbohydrates||Fat||Vitamin A||Folic acid||Calcium|
| 62 kcal|| 1.9 gm|| 8.8 gm|| 2.1 gm|| 307.5 mcg|| 11.9 mcg|| 18.8 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.