Patishapta ( Pancakes with Coconut Filling)
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13368 times
A bengali sweet dish recipe,patishapta (pancakes with coconut filling) is easy to prepare and a must have during festivals and winters. The maida batter is spread on a pan and cooked like pancakes. These pancakes are then filled with a sweet coconut mixture and rolled up. Serve patishapta with thick kheer or rabdi as topping.
- Combine the flour and milk and whisk well. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan, add the coconut, sugar and thick milk and cook on a slow flame for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the flame when the mixture becomes a soft, moist mass and cool.
- In the meantime, heat a six-inch frying pan and grease it with a drop of ghee.
- Swirl the pan so that it is evenly coated with ghee.
- Drop 2 tbsp of batter in the frying pan and swirl the pan so that it is evenly coated with batter.
- Allow batter to set and cook till the pancake is turning slightly brown.
- With a teaspoon, spread the coconut filling half-an-inch wide across the pancake at one end and fold the pancake and roll it to the other end.
- Serve hot or cold.
This recipe was contributed by pink_key711 on 13 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.