Pasta in Tomato Sauce ( Tiffin Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 187 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 82476 times
Kids always love Pasta but unfortunately they get it only for dinner or on weekends because most moms think it is not suitable for sending in the tiffin box. The good news is that pasta, when prepared properly, can be comfortably packed for tiffin. Here, we prepare Pasta in Tomato Sauce in a way that is perfect for this purpose. Fusilli, when combined with tomato pulp, tomato ketchup, herbs and spring onions is so delicious that it retains its strong aroma and flavour for over four hours. A dash of cream improves the texture and consistency of the dish, making it all the more appealing.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the fresh tomato pulp, chilli powder, tomato ketchup, ½ cup of water, salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the fusilli, herbs, fresh cream and spring onions greens, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Cool slightly and pack in a tiffin box topped with cheese.
- 4 medium tomatoes when blanched in water, peeled, deseeded, chopped and blended will give approx. 1 cup of tomato pulp.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.