Pao Bhaji By asmaat
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5272 times
Pao bhaji is one of the most popular street food options in Mumbai. The Maharashtrian delicacy can now be prepared at home with this simple, easy and tasty pav bhaji recipe. The spicy bhaji or vegetable preparation is typically served with hot buttered pav. Simply amazing!
- Boil cool,peel and grate potatoes.
- Wash and finely chop tomatoes.
- Wash and grate cauliflower.
- Peel and finely chop onion.
- Peel ginfer,garlic and grind to a fine paste.
- Wash,halve,remove seeds and finely chop capsicum.
- Wash,remove stems and finely chop green chillies.
- Clean,wash and finely chop fresh coriander leaves.
- Boil green peas in salted water till soft,drain,mash lighty and keep aside.
- Cut lemon into wedges.
- Heat oil in apan and add three forth quantity of chopped onions.
- Saute till light brown.
- Add chopped green chillies and ginger,garlic paste.
- Stir-fry for half a miniute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook on medium heat for three to four miniutes,stirring continuously or till oil separates from the masala.
- Add grated cauliflower and cook for a while.
- Add peas and cook.
- Add pav bhaji masala, tomato puree, mashed potatoes and one and half cups water.
- Bring it to a boil and simmer for ten minutes, pressing with back of the spoon a few times, till all the vegetables are completely mashed.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add chopped capsicum, stir and cook for a little while.
- Slit the pao, apply a little butter. sprinkle red chilli powder and toast slightly on a hot tawa.
- Garnish the bhaji with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with pav accompanied with remaining chopped onion and lemon wedges.
This recipe was contributed by asmaat on 04 Sep 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.