Paneer and Spring Onion Wrap
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 142 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29102 times
Sumptuous rotis made of whole wheat and soya flours are stuffed with a smashing combo of low-fat paneer, spring onions and capsicum. The combination of ingredients is so thoughtful that every bite of this wrap is soft and juicy despite not using any sauce. Full of calcium, the Paneer and Spring Onion Wrap is a tasty way to strengthen the bones. Other nutrients such as vitamin A and zinc will do wonders for your skin and eyes, and help build immunity.
- For the dough
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites, green chillies and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the paneer, spring onion greens and salt and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti on a medium flame, using ¼ tsp of oil, till light brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Place a roti on a clean, dry surface, place a portion of the stuffing on one end of the roti and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat step 3 to make 3 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per wrap
|Energy|| 161 kcal|
|Protein|| 10.4 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 24.1 gm|
|Fat|| 2.6 gm|
|Calcium|| 278.3 mg|
|Vitamin A|| 511.6 mcg|
|Zinc|| 0.6 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.