Paneer Pulao ( Pressure Cooker )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 128 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 77401 times
Paneer pulao, neatly cut cubes of paneer, sautéed to golden brown colour and cooked with rice and spices. Rajma curry. The paneer cubes do not break even if pressure cooked hence venture to make this dish without any fear.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice in enough water for atleast 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the paneer and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame till they turn light brown in colour. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same pressure cooker, add the butter, onions, ginger, garlic and green chilli paste, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée, garam masala, salt and sugar and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the curds, rice, paneer and 3½ cups of hot water, mix gently and pressure cook on a high flame for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape using automatic/ natural release method, (refer handy tip ) before opening the lid.
- Serve hot.
- Natural release method: to use this method, remove the pressure cooker from the hot burner and let the pressure drop by cooling down naturally. It works best for grains and for beans that you might use for salads, as quick-releasing the pressure can cause the beans to split apart.
- Automatic release method: turn the pressure selector dial on the lid to the release position and the steam will release.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.