Paneer Mutter Biryani
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 120 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 67722 times
Paneer is a show-stealer! Undoubtedly one of my favorites. Layers of rice and spicy paneer mutter make this Biryani a real delicacy. And roasted onions add a yummy touch to the brown rice. I have used low-fat milk to enhance its calcium and protein content, even while curbing the calories. To keep the paneer soft, place it in warm water for a few minutes and then use it.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium flame and when hot, add the onions and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till they turn light brown in colour. Sprinkle a little water if they start burning.
- Add the chilli-garlic paste, ginger-green chilli paste and 1 tbsp of water and dry roast on a medium flame for about 1 minute.
- Add the fresh tomato pulp, chilli powder, garam masala, sugar and dried fenugreek leaves, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the paneer, green peas and salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat a deep non-stick pan on a medium flame and when hot, add the onions and dry roast on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till the onions turn brown. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of water to prevent the onions from burning.
- Add the brown rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Divide the rice into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Spread one portion of the onion brown rice evenly at the bottom of a baking glass bowl.
- Spread the paneer mutter mixture evenly over it.
- Spread the other layer of onion brown rice evenly over the paneer mutter mixture and pour the milk evenly over it.
- Cover with a lid and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
| 154 kcal|| 4.4 gm|| 31.4 gm|| 1.0 gm|| 3.2 gm|| 64.8 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.