by Tarla Dalal
Added to 2383 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 295897 times
Paneer bhurji is a popular preparation loved by indians across the world. It is an easy, spicy dish that tastes great with bread and parathas! down south, paneer bhurji is sometimes used as a stuffing for dosas to make paneer dosa, similar to the aloo-filled masala dosa! the most important tip for making fantastic paneer bhurji is to use fresh cottage cheese, and make the bhurji just before serving; otherwise it tends to get a little soggy.
- Heat the oil on a tava (griddle) and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the pav bhaji masala, turmeric powder, chilli powder, green chillies and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the paneer, salt and coriander and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.