Pancakes With Coconut Fillling
by Rehana Khambaty
This recipe has been viewed 2949 times
A delicious south indian mithai made with delicate flavour of coconut.
- Combine the plain flour, rice flour and baking soda with milk in a bowl and whisk well.
- Cover and keep aside for half an hour or while you prepare filling.
- Combine the coconut, sugar and milk in a kadhai and mix well.
- Cook on a medium flame until they adhere together in a soft moist mass.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Heat a 6-inch frying pan and grease with a drops of ghee. Swirl pan around so that it is evenly coated with the hot ghee.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of batter in to the frying pan and swirl pan around to coat evenly with batter.
- Allow batter to set and cook until underside of patishapta or pancake is turning brown.
- With teaspoon spread filling half-inch wide across patishapta at one end.
- Fold patishapta over filling and roll over to the other end.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve hot or cold.
This recipe was contributed by Rehana Khambaty on 23 Jul 2012Basically I am a food lover and also love to try out new recipes. I have won many contests in India ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.