Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8773 times
Coconut milk gives it extra ordinary taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a pan, mix well and cook till the jaggery dissolves and the filling become dry.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Divide the batter in 4 equal portions and spread a portion the batter on haldi leaves evenly in the shape of leaf.
- Put 1 1/2 tbsp of the filling and fold the leaf in middle.
- Make sure the batter will stick together.
- Wrap the leaf with the thread from outside.
- Make all the remaining pangis in the same way.
- Put all the pangis either in idli moulds in cooker and steam for 10 minutes or till the pangis are cooked the leaf turns colour and become little blackish.
- Cool and serve it with lots of desi ghee.
This recipe was contributed by sheeladesai on 13 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.