Pan Fried Noodles ( Chinese Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 281 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16839 times
Pan-fried noodles, a shanghai favorite this one! pan-fried noodles are a signature snack in china and loved for its unique texture and taste. Cooked noodles are pan-fried once again till both sides of the noodles are crisp and golden. This is served with a thick vegetable sauce and eaten immediately to enjoy the taste of the crisp noodles soaked in thick vegetable sauce. You can use the vegetables available in season and add broccoli, celery and cauliflower etc. , if you have them handy. An extremely delicious recipe that you must try!
- Heat the oil in a wok / kadhai on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the garlic, green chillies and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the mixed vegetables and salt and sauté on a high flame for another 2 minutes.
- Combine the soya sauce, cornflour and ½ cup of water in a bowl, add to the vegetables, mix well and cook on a medium flame till the mixture thickens. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, spread the noodles evenly over it and cook on a slow flame till they turn brown at the bottom.
- Turn over and cook on a slow flame till they turn brown and crisp.
- Place the noodles on a serving plate, top with the vegetables and serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.