Palak Toovar Dal
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 172 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 201174 times
Toovar dal has a knack of combining well with greens, providing the right mushiness without becoming gooey. Here, palak and toovar dal come together, smartly pressure-cooked and hand-blended to the right consistency. A couple of whole spices added as a tempering impart a fresh aroma and irresistible flavour to the Palak Toovar Dal.
- Combine the toovar dal, spinach, green chillies, ginger paste, turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Blend the dal to a coarse mixture using a hand-blender. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the bayleaves, cloves, red chillies, cumin seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, pour the tempering over the cooked dal, add the chilli powder and coriander, mix well and cook on medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.