Palak Toovar Dal ( Calcium Rich Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 84 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 54869 times
Spinach and toovar dal used for this mildly spiced recipe, makes this dal a rich calcium source. Serve hot with roti or rice.
- Clean, wash and soak the toovar dal for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the soaked toovar dal, ginger, green chillies, turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a pan. Add the bay leaves, cloves, red chillies, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the spinach and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked dal, chilli powder and coriander and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
| 56.7 mg.|| 17.2 gm.|| 134 cal.|| 4.1 gm.|| 7.1 gm.|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.