Palak Paratha, Punjabi Palak Paratha, Spinach Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 49 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 133913 times
In this fast paced world none of us have the time to eat healthy. But here's an easy and quick recipe that combines great taste and healthy green vegetables to give you a parathas that's full wholesome goodness. Punjabi food lives up to its reputation of being very healthy.
Palak contains large amounts of fibre along with a lot of essential vitamins and minerals. When puréed and combined with the flour imparts a lovely green colour that's a treat for your eyes. Enjoy this paratha with thick fresh curds and some achaar. All in all its a tasty way to fill your children up with the essential minerals and keep them happy and healthy.
- Combine the spinach, lemon juice and 2 tbsp of water in a mixer and blend to a smooth purée.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients including the spinach purée and knead to a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll out each portion into 150 mm. (6") diameter circle, using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each paratha on both sides, using a little ghee, till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve hot with fresh curds.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.